12.01.2010

Final Reflection

Do the big wrap-up thing.  You don’t have a general reflection paper at the end (that’s just about the simulation project), so here is your opportunity.  What have you learned?  What have you learned about yourself?  What are you taking from this class?  How does this fit into your academic experience?  How does it fit with your career plans?


This class taught me about a lot of social movements I haven't heard of before as well as new ways of looking at some of the most common social movements. I liked our discussion of the Civil Rights and Indian independence movements, really enjoyed my independent reading book, enjoyed reading Little Brother, and even enjoyed doing my EL (something I can't always say with these NCC 4 credit courses, haha). I found the simulation project particularly stimulating because it for once forced me to look at making a change within the system and structures as a legitimate way of making change. I guess I don't have to be an anarchist, ha. Besides, it was cool picking something I care about (the Mason LIFE Program) and actually following through with the some important work that needs to be done, instead of just making a plan. As far as this class fitting into my academic experience, I picture it as the icing on the cake. I have dabbled in activism and am extremely interested in social movements, so this class informs my passion and concentration as an appropriate conclusion to my undergraduate career.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to agree with enjoying the EL assignment, cause I usually don't and think of it as more of a hassle. However with this one, it was a lot of hands on and it really helped me better understand more about the class as a whole since we did both the EL and the class step by step together (like when we would talk about the 4 levels of planning and as our group the next class we had to come up with ours). Its good that this class informs your passion and that it really fit well with your academic experience.

    ReplyDelete